The pros and cons of cafe barriers
For those looking at ways to make their café stand out on the high street, introducing café barriers has long been a great option. There are plenty of benefits that come with investing in this type of signage, not least that it can be used to brand your café while also making it more noticeable.
Big coffee chains like Nero and Starbucks as well as major restaurants often make use of café barriers, so why shouldn’t you?
The Benefits of Café Barriers
- Café barriers are a great way to extend your business outside your actual building and can help create more definition and colour into the bargain.
- They provide a great additional space to put in some advertising for your café brand.
- During the summer, and even on milder winter days, people love to sit outside and watch the world go by. Creating a clearly defined space should encourage more people to do just that.
- If you want to create different areas for your café, several barriers are ideal. You can easily make eating, socialising and drinking areas so that everyone has their own space.
- Café barriers can be used both inside and outside and the fact that they can be moved around quite easily means you are able to alter the look and feel of your establishment as and when you want.
- If you have a special event you can easily cordon off one area so that people know where they need to go.
- Café barriers can stop passing pedestrians from tripping over chairs and tables because there is a clearly defined border.
- You can even use them as directional furniture, helping to escort people to your front door.
- Café barriers are pleasing to the eye which means they are likely to attract more customers to your front door.
The Disadvantages of Café Barriers
Much can depend on how much pavement space you have outside your café and what the rules are. Most councils want to allow pedestrians to walk up and down unimpeded. If the pavement is too narrow, café barriers can be a poor choice outside, though they still work well indoors.
Choosing the right café barrier can be difficult if you don’t know exactly what you want. The banner that you are going to create is important as is the area where you are going to use it. Compared to other street signage, you need to put a lot more thought into the branding and how that is going to impact your business.
Overall, however, the wide ranging benefits of café barriers far outweigh any small disadvantages. It’s their flexibility that many café owners love because you move them around and create different areas. The sturdy posts and base units mean that you always have a firm base which should stay in place even with a strong breeze.
Buying Café Barriers
At Red 17, we have the café barriers that can really make a difference to your visibility on the high street. All you need to do is decide what brand design you want to place on the banner, we’ll do the rest. Find out more here.